The Bend in the Road community group is located in Doubleview and Scarborough in Western Australia (Inc November 2017) and consists of local residents and business owners passionate about activities and aesthetics along a stretch of Scarborough Beach Road (known as ‘The Bend in The Road’ or ‘The Bend’) as well as the vibrancy of the community that feeds into and from this local business precinct.
There are big plans for development of ‘Scarborough Beach Road West’, which includes The Bend stretch. The Bend community group want to ensure development occurs in a manner that places community front and centre.
While waiting for development to become a reality the group works to build on what we have now, like the relaxed coastal vibe and growing number of independent small businesses to create a place that is colourful, quirky and buzzing. These attributes will sow the seed for development that aligns and grows with the visual, social and economic vibrancy of the precinct.
Read more about what’s planned for the Scarborough Beach Road West Activity Corridor here and follow and contribute to our Facebook and Instagram pages to see updates on the developments, events and activities. Let’s build this community together!
Download our pamphlet here
Contact us if you’d like to join in
Read Bendy Bytes newsletters here
- Check out the new Gallery of photos here.
- Munro Reserve Signage boards can be booked for use here.
- New art mural and bench at Hilltop Shopping Centre thanks to RAC Connecting Communities Fund 2020 grant.
- Bend Street Trails project awaiting your nomination. Details and application form here.
- From little things big things grow: Micro grants still available!
- Thanks to everyone who came along to the 2020 AGM on Saturday 12 September at Doubleview House.
- View the Powerpoint presentation here